Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Styled shoot with Sara Harper

It has been raining for a week and I'm longing for some sunshine.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of a good rainy, on the couch with a magazine and cup of tea kind of day...but only if I'm alone...and this is not an option in my life at the moment.  And let's face it, we really only like one rainy day to be lazy. After that, we get itchy and wiggly, and wanting to get out of the house restless.  Right?!  Well, at least, that's how I feel about it.

All of this rain has reminded me of a styled shoot that my photographer friend, Sara Harper, and I put together a couple years ago.  We rented a table, made a cake and a chocolate torte, I put flowers together and collected china from all over my house...and then it rained.  Then the rain stopped and the sun came out with only about 45 minutes left of perfect sunset sunlight.  Roller coaster!  My friend, Katie, came over to help style the shoot and we got to work.  There was a flurry of handkerchiefs, ranunculus, flowered teacups, silverware, the click click clicking of Sara's camera, and it couldn't have been more fun.

And listen, I know the hot colors for the year are coral and mint, and I love those colors...but I also think you can't go wrong with red, turquoise, and a little hot pink!


David Austin garden roses-perfection

Queen Anne's lace 



  


2 comments:

Kristin Conniff said...

so lovely!

Julie Hunt said...

I want to come to that lovely garden party! So beautiful. I love it!!